关于越南战争的诗
《But you didn't》,一位妻子写给她在越南战争中牺牲的丈夫的诗,非常感人。
诗的内容:
Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and dented it.
记得那天,我借用你的新车,我撞凹了它
I thought you'd kill me, but you didn't.
我以为你一定会杀了我的,但是你没有
And remember the time I dragged you to the beach,and you said it would rain, and it did.
记得那天,我拖你去海滩,而它真如你所说的下了雨
I thought you'd say, "I told you so." But you didn't.
我以为你会说“我告诉过你”,但是你没有
And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you showed up in jeans?
记得那天,我忘了告诉你那个舞会是要穿礼服的,而你却穿了牛仔裤
I thought you'd drop me, but you didn't.
我以为你一定要抛弃我了,但是你没有
Yes, there were lots of things you didn't do.But you put up with me, and loved me, and protected me.
是的,有许多的事你都没有做,而你容忍我钟爱我保护我
There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you when you returned from Vietnam.
有许多许多的事情我要回报你,等你从越南回来
But you didn't.
但是你没有
扩展资料:
越南之爱是一个美国妇女在整理去世母亲遗物的时候, 发现母亲曾给战死越南的父亲写的诗。
越南战争是美国等资本主义阵营国家支持的南越(越南共和国)对抗由苏联等社会主义阵营国家支持的北越(越南民主共和国)和“越南南方民族解放阵线”的一场战争。
发生于冷战时期的越南(主战场)、老挝、柬埔寨。
越战是二战以后美国参战人数最多、影响最重大的战争,最后美国在越南战争中失败。
越南人民军和越南南方民族解放阵线最终推翻了越南共和国,并统一了越南全国。
参考资料来源:百度百科-越南战争